Sunday, February 7, 2016

Overview and Track Testing

After I got all the track laid and ballasted, I started testing it using track power and my Aristo Lil Critter. After a once over with a scotch brite pad the Critter began to move....and then stop....then move again...then stop. You get the picture. I played with a few of the rail joints to find they were loose and not making good contact. I tightened up the rail joiners and finally got a complete lap around.






Track Testing!


Since my wife said that it had to be simple, I knew that battery power/RC was in my future. I just didn't know what system would be best for me. I did a fair amount of research and finally decided on the Rail Boss 4 system from G-Scale Graphics. To keep cost down, I opted for a trailing car with the receiver and battery so I could use it with all of my locos. I will detail my experience with the Rail Boss 4 system in a separate post.

After looking at the this large oval of track, I decided it needed some scenery. I came up with an idea, but getting it from my head to fruition is a whole other story...and post.

No comments:

Post a Comment